The sky is an important element of any outdoor photo. Unfortunately, the sky doesn’t always behave well when it’s photographed. Perhaps you’ve captured a photo of a stunning sunset or sunrise, but it appears to be slightly underwhelming in the photo when you compare it to real life. Or maybe you’ve snapped the perfect lifestyle shot, but the sky looks dull, and it's affecting the aesthetic of the photo. Whatever the reason might be, being able to edit the sky in your photos is a useful tool to have in your photo editing app. In this article, you'll learn how to easily change sky in your photos with the Sky Replacement and Change Background tools in just mere seconds!
YouCam Perfect: Best App to Change Sky in Photos
|Table of Contents|
How to Replace Sky in Photo: 3 Easy Ways
1. Use Sky Replacement Tool
Does the sky in the background of your photo look dull and not very aesthetically pleasing? Have no fear, you can easily replace the sky without Photoshop!
How to Use the Sky Replacement Tool
- To do so, upload the photo.
- Navigate to Sky.
- Once there, you’ll find tons of breathtaking sky replacement options to choose from, allowing you to elevate your photo in just one tap.
- Whether you want to add a cheerful rainbow, a few clouds in the shape of a heart, or even the northern lights for a dramatic effect, the YouCam Perfect app has everything you need to edit the sky in your photo.
- Furthermore, you can zoom in on any of the backgrounds and drag the sliders to adjust the feather, horizon level, ambiance, fade, HDR edge, HDR glow, and filter.
2. Change Sky Background in Photos
While the past section showed you how to enhance the sky in your photo, you might also decide to choose a brand new background for your photo if you’re not happy with the sky at all.
- To use this feature, upload the photo you want to adjust.
- Then, tap “Background” and “Change Background.”
From there you can try a magical starry night, a mesmerizing sunset, or maybe ever heavenly blue skies. With this editing feature, you can choose how you want to express your creativity, adjusting it with just a few taps. With these backgrounds, you can feather their impact as well as their blur by using the sliders at the bottom of your screen.
3. Replace Day to Night Sky Background
In some photo editing cases, you might have a plain photo that needs an ethereal, starry sky background. To achieve this look, you’ll want to start by turning the contrast far up and enhancing the highlights. Once you’ve done that, tap “Add Photo” and upload the starry sky you’d like to replace as your sky background. From there, you’ll want to resize the image so it’s the same as your original image and turn the opacity down, then erase the background where it overlaps your original image so you see only what you want to see and nothing more. This tactic allows you to create a surreal work of art by blending a photo of a starry sky into your image.
If you’re pressed for time, try the Sky Replacement tool instead. It’s a quick and easy alternative to the solution described above, though without much room for customization. Just go to Photo Edit, select Sky and choose from 5 eye-catching night sky options. It’s THAT easy!
Download YouCam Perfect: Best Free Sky Replacement App To Edit The Sky
The sky is a beautiful part of many images, although sometimes it needs just a few tweaks for it to show its best self, just like the rest of your photo! So, are you ready to reach for the sky with your photo edits? Click to download the YouCam Perfect app for either iOS or Android today to get started on your sky-high creation!
*The Sky Replacement feature is currently available for iOS only. Android version coming soon.
- How to Add Winter Background To Photos
- How to Replace Sky Background To Photos
- How to Change Photo Background in Seconds
- How to Make Aesthetic Phone Wallpapers
- 4 Free Aesthetic Phone Backgrounds Ideas
- Best Free Blur Background App For Photo Blurring Needs
Sky Editor App FAQs
What is Sky Replacement?
Sky Replacement allows users to replace the sky in a photo. It can automatically detect and differentiate the foreground and the sky in your background. You no longer need to follow complicated editing steps to edit the sky. Simply replace it in seconds!
Which app is best for editing sky?
These are the 4 best apps with Sky Replacement feature that we recommend to try for sky editing.
- YouCam Perfect
- Adobe Photoshop (for mobile)
- Lightleap by Lightricks
- PICNIC – photo filter for dark sky, travel apps
Which app is best for sky editing on iPhone?
YouCam Perfect is the best sky editing app for mobile phones. Its AI-powered sky replacement tool offers 30+ different sky options for users to try in their photos. It can automatically replace the original sky with a new one in just one click.
How do you edit sky pictures?
Editing sky pictures is easy with YouCam Perfect. Navigate to the Sky Replacement tool in the YouCam Perfect app and choose the option you like. One click and you’re done!
How to change the color of the sky?
You can change the color of the sky in your photo with the Sky Replacement tool in the YouCam Perfect app. It provides a wide selection of skies for your image, including blue skies, pink skies, purple skies, or even a starry night landscape.