Perfect Corp. ("Perfect," "we" or "us") provides services based on an internet real-time communication/sharing multi-media contents which also allows you to create your virtual makeup looks with your favorite products and a client application for multiple platforms on all YouCam apps including YouCam Perfect, YouCam Makeup, YouCam Fun, YouCam Nails, YouCam Shop, YouCam Community (collectively known as the "Service" or “apps”). Please note that “Beauty Circle” is now known and replaced with “YouCam Community”. This Privacy Statement describes Perfect's information practices and the choices available to you regarding Perfect's use of information that can be used to identify you ("Personal Data").
Data We Process and How Do We Use Information We Collect From You
Depending on how you interact with us, some data is automatically processed if you visit our Sites, install and use our Apps, whilst other data is collected and processed if you submit it to us.
- Data We process when you visit our Sites:
When you visit our Sites, your device automatically sends technical information to us that we store in log files, including the following "Data generated from Sites":
- Date and time of the visit and the duration of use of the Site;
- The IP, of your device as well as your internet service provider (ISP);
- The referral/exit URL;
- The visited subsites of the Site;
- Clickstream data;
- Cookies and similar technologies; and
- Information about your device including type of device, browser type and version, operating system.
We process Data generated from Site to allow you to use our services available on our Sites and to ensure that its functionality. We also process these data to perform analyses on the performance of the Site, to continuously improve the Site, correct errors, to prevent fraudulent use, to ensure IT security and operation of our systems. We further process this data in aggregated or pseudonymized form to analyze trends, administer the Sites, track users' movement on the Site, and to gather demographic information about our user as a whole to improve marketing including serving you personalized, interest-based ads as well as to enhance user experience on our Sites.
Perfect processes Personal Data when you install and register for one of our YouCam Apps. Some of this information will be processed automatically when installing our Apps on your device. The following data are deemed as "Apps Installation Data":
- operating system
- device hardware
- IP address
- App version
- device location, including a unique identifier for your device,
- Firebased Cloud ID (FCM ID), MAC address, Advertising ID,
- mobile network carrier, device model, locale, device resolution, SR number (for app version) and CPU architecture.
We also collect certain "Apps Registration Data” during installation of our Apps onto your device. Although name, gender, date of birth, email address and password are mandatory for registration, we may ask you to submit other information (which is entirely optional), including:
- your personal description and photograph in your profile;
- postal address, telephone number;
- beauty profile information like skin type, skin tone, hair colour and hair type, nails, eye attributes;
- information on skin diary including skin log, acne detection data of your photos taken analysis of skin conditions and skin diagnostic results (collectively known as “Skin Diagnostic Results”).
We use Apps Installation Data and Apps Registration Data to enable the provision of maintenance, archive, backup (including Cloud Album) or support services to you. We will also use this information only with your consent to provide push notifications with information about our products, features,services offered by Perfect; or share your Skin Diagnostic Results with our affiliates who will do so solely on our instructions and have undertaken to comply with strict contractual requirements for the security of your data (including, but not limited to, complying with this Privacy Statement).
We collect information about the way you use our Apps after you have installed and registered them. The specific "User Apps Usage Data" varies depending upon which YouCam App you are using, but may include:
- Launch data
- Device data
- Feature usage
- Page clicks
- Sign-in information
- Facial Characteristics
We process User Apps Usage Data so that we can facilitate, evaluate, and verify your use of our Apps and services as well as for our own internal statistical, archive, research and analytical purposes, and to evaluate and enhance users' experience of the Apps by identifying user preferences and analyzing crash data. For example, we process information like the time frame of your usages on Sites or Apps, search results and search history, type of post, videos and other content you viewed on our Sites/Apps as well as information about how you use features like our camera on our Sites and Apps.
Specifically for the processing of facial characteristics information, we will only detect your facial feature vectors in order to apply real-time virtual try-on effects thereon, upon your usage of our apps. Neither your facial photo/video nor your facial feature vectors will be stored in our database in any form whatsoever, whether you are or aren't using our apps. However, if you spontaneously choose to opt-in our services or request for "get photo" via email, we will temporarily store your photos in our email server in order to send to you as instructed by you, provided that we will follow the guidelines of the Data Retention Period to keep the User Apps Usage Data.
Data We Process Only If You Submit It To Us:
When you interact with us on our Sites or using our Apps, you can submit Personal Data to us in various situations, including:
2. Content and User Interaction Data: On our Sites and Apps, we process information about your accounts and hashtags that you are connected to and how you interact with them across our service, such as people you communicate with the most. We also process all content, communications created or shared content by you or your communication with other users like posts, circles, liked, comments, media file sharing like photo, video or text on our Sites or Apps; and vice versa on communication of other users with you. If you choose to invite friends to use our service via (i) your contact information from your device, or (ii) if you were to log in via social network accounts to invite friends to use our services, we will have access to your address book (from your device) or your contact list (from your social network account).
3. Beauty 1:1 Data：On our Apps, we process audio recordings between you and a designated beauty consultant when using “1 on 1 Consultation” on our Apps.
4. Transaction Data: If you make any purchases on our Sites or Apps, we will process your contact and billing information, such as your name, address, and credit card information. You can view the exact information required in the form provided at point of purchase. We will only use this data to complete your order, for billing purposes, and for internal accounting.
5. Customer Support Data: You can communicate with us by using the specified email address of our customer support team for requests on technical assistance, request information on the status of your order, or otherwise reach out to our customer support team. In order to respond to your request, we will process your contact data as well as the contents of your request. Once your request has been complied, we will delete this data pursuant to our data retention period described below.
6. Beauty Product Try out Data: On our Apps, we process information about the beauty products (like lip colour, blushers, foundations you tried on, product try out history, sequence, brands and purchases (if any)
7. “Coin” Data: On our Apps, we process information relating to how you use “Coin” in general which include account membership level and coin usage history when you engage in any activities on our Apps.
8. Survey Data: we strive to improve our services to you, from time to time we may conduct surveys in respect of our services, features or products on our Sites and Apps. Please note that any participation in our surveys is optional. However, if you respond to one of our surveys, you may provide us with personal information about you. Unless you otherwise consent, we will only use this information for specified purposes which you will be duly notified.
9. Email/Direct Mail Data: unless you opt in for this feature in our Sites or Apps, from time to time, we may interact with you directly by mail, email, or telephone to inform you about new services, features, products, or special offers that you told us you were interested in receiving (including our newsletters). However, we will not contact you with any commercial communications that are unrelated to our Sites and Apps unless you have given us your prior consent to receiving such information. When responding to one of these campaigns, you may have the option to provide us with personal information, which we will use for the purpose indicated.
10. Special Collaborative Programs with beauty brands: from time to time, we may collaborate with another beauty brands company to provide you with special campaigns, freegifts or invitation to a beauty liveshows with other collaboration partners ("Collaborative Program"). Our use of your Personal Data is limited to the specific Collaborative Program that you have joined or elected to join or participate and you will be informed on the specific purpose of use, unless your otherwise consent, we will disclose your specific Personal Data you submit to us with and share with our collaboration partners for purposes correspond with the purpose as specified to you.
11. Business Contact or Sales Prospect Data (on Sites): If you are a business contact or sales prospect that has provided us your Personal Data, we will store your data in our database so that we can follow up on previous business conversations we've had with you, provide you additional information about our services and features which you are interested in. We may also share your Personal Data with sales representatives employed with our local affiliates to connect with you with respect to any potential prospect of business opportunity we will have with you.
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties.
We treat your Personal Data with care and confidentially and will only pass it on to third parties to the extent described below and not beyond. We do not share, sell, rent, or trade Personal Data with third parties for any promotional purposes. Where our affiliates, resellers, or service providers process Personal Data, they will do so solely on our instructions and have undertaken to comply with strict contractual requirements for the security of your data (including, but not limited to, complying with this Privacy Statement).
- Public Content.
If you post content for public view on YouCam Apps, we may distribute such content to a wider audience by sharing it (or portions of it) with third parties so that they can publish it on their own websites and media platforms. We may ask them to credit you as the source of these contributions by including your account name and profile photo, photo album (when sharing your post/content).
- Audio Recordings when using 1 on 1 Consultation (“Session”)
If you use a Session on YouCam Apps, your audio recordings of your Session(s) with a designated beauty consultation will be shared with our related brand partners for service and quality improvement purposes.
- Third Party Service Provider
Perfect transmits data to service providers that enable us to provide our Site and market, sell, payment process and delivery. This includes the parties providing our third-party cookies and tracking tools, as well as parties providing us with services to assist us in processing transactions, including credit card transactions, handling shipping and processing of orders, providing customer support, managing customer relationships, hosting the Sites, collecting, storing, or removing your information, or performing statistical analysis, providing marketing assistance, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, technical and customer support, perform tracking and reporting functions, conduct quality assurance testing providing customer service, customer surveys and other services in connection with the Site or Apps. We sometimes need to share your information with these companies in order for them to provide the applicable services.
- Third party advertising.
Third parties serve some of the ads on YouCam Apps. We may send individualized personal information about you to them, and they may also have access to certain information that they obtain through cookies placed on your device or that you share with them yourself. For the avoidance of doubt, the individualized personal information which might be sent to third party advertising partners does not include your name, email address, and/or image/photo/video. The following is a list of our current third party advertising partners linked to their privacy policies: Facebook, Google, Inmobi, MoPub, Smaato, PubMatic, Mintegral (Mobista), and ThirdPresence.
- When purchasing at our YouCam Apps
YouCam Apps acts as a gateway for you to make purchases online. In app purchase for frames, watermark/ad removal that are initiated from our YouCam Apps are actually completed on Apple App Store, Google Play or any other mobile application stores; Whilst purchases of beauty or cosmetic brand products that are initiated from our YouCam Apps are actually completed on Shopify (US region) or Asknet (remaining selected regions) (collectively known as “Shopping Cart Vendors”). In order to complete a purchase transaction, Shopping Cart Vendors must collect personal information from you, including your credit card number. If you are interested in purchasing any of the beauty or cosmetic brand through Shopping Cart Vendors, please view the Privacy Statement of respective stores.
- Beauty Brands.
We act as a platform brands to feature their products on YouCam Apps and we share an aggregate information and data relating to users responses and engagements to brand products from most popular lip colour, eye shades, blushers, eye lashes of a particular brand that appeal most to users to an aggregate number of users try out a product from a particular brand.
- Public Authorities:
Although we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law, such as when we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order, or litigation or other legal process or action (whether or not initiated by Perfect) to protect Perfect's, our users' or third parties' rights, property or safety. We will transmit data to public authorities such as law enforcement or tax authorities only in the case of a legal obligation to do so based on a request for information from the respective authority.
Personal Information Protection
We strive to protect the security of your information during transmission using, for instance TSL software, which encrypts information you input. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your mobile device. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared mobile device.
Your Californian Privacy Right
California resident customers of ours have a right to obtain a list of Personal Information that we may have disclosed to affiliates for their marketing purposes or to unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes. A California customer may contact us and request the general list of Personal Information shared and the companies among which it is shared. This request may be sent electronically by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +886-2-8667-1265. We will respond to these requests for the list within 30 days. Written requests may be sent to 14F., No.98, Minquan Rd., Xindian Dist., New Taipei City 231, Taiwan (R.O.C.)_Attn: Privacy Team. Requests for this information that come to us through other channels may result in a delayed response.
Measurement of Advertising Effectiveness
To measure the effectiveness of the advertisement, we may install third party modules in the smart phone versions of the Services.
Our Service do not cater for minors. We strongly advise that this service is cater for individual who are 16 years and above, otherwise, we request a parental /guardian express consent for you to continue using our service or by writing to us at email@example.com. If, via notice, any user information relating to minors was on our record, we will deactivate minor’s account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such information from our records.
Perfect does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may limit the advertisements appearing on the mobile app via your mobile Device by adjusting the advertising settings on your mobile Device.
You may control cookie setting by following the steps below:
How to Control Cookies on Mobile Phone, Computer and Tablet.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences
- Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to turn off, block or delete them. Learn more at
- Please be aware that if you choose to delete cookies, settings and preferences controlled by those cookies, including advertising preferences, will be deleted and may need to be recreated.
How Can You Manage Information About Yourself.
We provide you with the ability to access, rectify, updateand erase your data on YouCam Apps.
If you choose to delete your account, we delete things you have posted, such as your photos and status updates, and you won't be able to recover that information later. Information that others have shared about you isn't part of your account and won't be deleted. To delete your account at any time by under “Edit Profile Page” in our Sites and Apps, or if you want to port or download your data relating to your account, please email us at email@example.com for any other enquiries relating to your account information.
Time Frame for Keeping Data (Data Retention Period)
Data collected via User Apps Usage Data will be automatically deleted after two years from date of receipt of data (except for messages which will be kept for two weeks from date of sending). However, these data may be retained on a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs longer than two years.
How Do We Operate and Transfer
We share information globally, both internally within Perfect and externally within our partners. Your information may, for example, be transferred or transmitted to, or stored and processed in the United States or other countries outside of where you live for the purposes as described in this policy. We rely on European Commission’s guidelines and decisions about certain countries, as applicable for these data transfers to the United States and other countries.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or any complaints or comments on how the Company handle your information related to the Service, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or 14F., No.98, Minquan Rd., Xindian Dist., New Taipei City 231, Taiwan (R.O.C.).