Finding the perfect pair of glasses for your face shape is not an easy task. At the same time, it can be incredibly overwhelming to try on multiple pairs at different stores, let alone dive into the options available online.
|Table of Contents|
Best Free Glasses Try On App for iPhone and Android in 2023
The YouCam Makeup app is the best and free virtual try-on glasses app, available for both iPhone and Android.
Powered by the most advanced AI technology, users can virtually try on glasses in precise position and true-to-life 3D form, easily through the live camera of their phones or tablet.
It offers up to 50 glasses styles for virtual try-on, from classic cat-eye, round frames, to square frames.
50+ Sunglasses in Styles
Ready to get your virtual sunglasses game on? YouCam Makeup has got you covered with over 50 different styles to try on! From classic aviators to trendy cat-eyes, there is a pair of sunnies for every mood and occasion. The app also enables virtual glasses try-on with both live cameras and by uploading your photo.
Sunglasses for Men
Whether you're hitting the beach or just need some shade on a sunny day, YouCam Makeup has got you covered with the hottest sunglasses for men. From classic aviators to sleek and modern designs, there's a pair for every style.
Read on to discover the step-by-step guide on how to virtually try on glasses styles for free!
How to Virtual Try-On Glasses Online With a Free App
- Step 1. Download the Best Try On Glasses App
- Step 2. Open Front Camera
- Step 3. Find Glasses Try-On Category
- Step 4. Virtually Try-On Glasses Styles
Virtually trying on different glasses styles at home can be easy with a handy try-on glasses app. Follow these steps to get started.
Step 1. Download the Best Try-On Glasses App
To virtual try on glasses, start by downloading the free YouCam Makeup app, available for both iOS and Android.
Step 2. Open Front Camera
After opening the app, tap Makeup Cam to try the glasses styles via live camera.
You can also try glasses on your photos by tapping Photo Makeup, the Makeup, then Accessories to try different glasses styles on photos virtually.
Step 3. Virtually Try-On 50+ Glasses in Style
Then, tap Makeup, and then Looks to find the Sunglasses category. This is where you will be able to try more than 50 glasses in time. Scroll through different glasses styles and virtually try on them until finding your ideal look.
Step 4. Save a Photo
You can also snap a photo of yourself and your glasses style for future reference, or share this new style with friends!
Best Glasses to Try-On Virtually for 6 Face Shapes
To make your try-on journey even easier, we listed a simple guide about the best glasses styles for six major face shapes, oval, round, square, diamond, heart-shaped, and oblong.
What Glasses Suit My Face
You will be able to find all the glasses styles listed below in the YouCam Makeup app for a free and easy try-on.
Best Glasses for an Oval Face Shape
For an oval-shaped face, you’ll want to find eyeglass frames that are as wide as (or wider than) the broadest part of your face.
Square, rectangular, or geometric shapes are a good fit for this face shape, but you should also take note to avoid narrow frames and frames with heavy design elements. These can add unnecessary length to your face.
Best Glasses for a Heart-Shaped Face
The best glasses for a heart-shaped face are round or oval-shaped eyeglass frames that are thin and lightly colored.
Choose frame shapes that are wider at the bottom and avoid bottom-heavy frames, oversized frames, and frames with a lot of design elements.
Best Glasses for a Round Face Shape
For those out there with round faces, go for frames that work to add angles.
Bold, angular glasses work very well, but be sure to avoid small and round frames so your features don’t become lost.
Best Glasses for a Square Face Shape
Square faces call for rounded and thinner frames that are slightly wider on the side, as these will complement your features well.
Glasses that sit high on the nose add length that flatters the square face shape.
Best Glasses for a Diamond Face Shape
For diamond face shapes, try rimless or oval frames with a strong brow line.
Cat eyeglasses with extended upswept features also fit diamond face shapes well but avoid harshly pointed angles.
Best Glasses for an Oblong Face Shape
Oblong face shapes will do well with glasses that have more depth than width to make your face appear more balanced.
Frames with decorative or contrasting temples can also add width to the face but avoid oversized or circular rounded glasses.
Download YouCam Makeup: The Best Try On Glasses App
Now that you know how to figure out your face shape and which frames will look the best on you, you’re ready to start trying them out! Use the YouCam Makeup app to virtually try fun glasses styles before you buy.
More Virtual Try-On Ideas
- How to Choose Colored Eye Contacts for Your Eye Color
- Best Free Red Lipstick Try-On App to Find Your Shade In 2022
- How to Apply Blush: Best Blush Virtual Try-On App In 2022
- 6 Best Free Glasses Apps For Virtual Glasses Try On
Virtual Glasses Try-On FAQ
What Glasses suit my face?
When it comes to choosing glasses that suit your face, there are a few factors to consider, such as face shape and frame style:
- Oval: Oval faces are versatile and can wear a wide range of frame styles. Look for glasses that are slightly wider than the widest part of your face.
- Round: Angular or rectangular frames can help add definition to round faces. Avoid round or curved frames that mimic the face shape.
- Square: Round or oval frames can soften the angles of square faces. Look for frames with curved edges and avoid sharp geometric shapes.
- Heart-shaped: Frames that are wider at the top and narrower at the bottom can balance out a heart-shaped face. Cat-eye or aviator styles can work well.
- Diamond: Rimless or oval frames can complement diamond-shaped faces. Avoid narrow frames that draw attention to the temples.
Is there a free app for you to try on glasses?
YouCam Makeup is the best free app to try on glasses virtually. With over 50 glasses styles in the app, users can have the most true-to-life glasses virtual try-on experience with the advanced AI/AR technology in this app.
How do you figure out what glasses look good on you?
To find the glasses that will look good on you, taking your face shape into consideration is the most effective way. Square faces will look good with rounded and thinner frames, as they can balance the length of your face; round faces, on the contrary, look better with bold and angular style, as it can enhance your facial features with a put-together structure.
How do you know which glasses look good on you?
To know which glasses look good on you, downloading a free virtual glasses try-on app is the most efficient way. The YouCam Makeup is the best virtual glasses try-on app for iPhone and Android in 2022.
It offers more than 50 virtual glasses styles for 100% free virtual try-on. The glass's try-on experience is guaranteed to be great as the app is powered by the most advanced AI face detection technology.
\What's more, users can easily save a photo with the virtual glasses styles and retouch it with blemish removal tools and makeup easily with the app.
Is there an app to see which glasses suit me?
YouCam Makeup is the best virtual glasses try-on app with more than 50 virtual glasses for 100% free try-on.
It is powered by the most advanced AI face detection technology, so the virtual try-on experience is guaranteed to be precise. Users can also snap a photo easily with virtual glasses styles, and add retouch filters all in one app.
Can I upload a photo to try on glasses?
YouCam Makeup is the best glasses virtual try-on app to try on glasses with photos. Simply download the app, and tap the Photo Makeup option. Upload your photo, and select the Sunglasses category under Accessories, then you can try on more than 50 glasses styles virtually.
What are the main face shapes?
There are six main face shapes: oval, square, round, rectangle/oblong, diamond, and heart.
- Oval Face Shape - An oval face shape is just like it sounds — if you drew a shape around your eyes, nose, and mouth, it would look like a vertically elongated oval.
- Square Face Shape - A square face shape is one in which your features are aligned more geometrically in a square, especially a jaw part.
- Round Face Shape -A round face is very similar to an oval face shape, although it is not as vertical.
- Oblong Face Shape - A rectangular/oblong face shape is similarly boxy to a square, but more vertically elongated.
- Diamond Face Shape - A diamond face shape is when your facial features are laid out in a diamond shape.
- Heart Face Shape - A heart-shaped face is when your eyes, nose, and mouth appear in a heart-shaped formation.