When you want to accentuate specific areas of your face, contouring is your best friend. The idea is to make your face look symmetrical and balanced, and contouring and highlighting specific areas based on face shape ensures you hit the right spots to make your features stand out in a good way.
Read on to learn how you can apply contour easily to make your selfies pop with the best makeup selfie app, YouCam Makeup.
What Is Face Contouring
Face contouring is a makeup technique that defines your features so you can shift the focus of your photo exactly where you want it. It can have a dramatic effect, but it’s meant to complement your face shape, not change it. Contour creates dimension and it can enhance any makeup look.
Best Makeup App To Contour Your Face On Selfies
It’s okay if you don’t feel like picking up your makeup brush but would like some Kardashian makeup vibes on your next Instagram post.
YouCam Makeup is the best makeup selfie app when you want to add contour to your selfies. With the most complete makeup editing tools, you can apply any makeup in a few taps for a share-worthy look that gives you an image that looks professionally done.
It's AI technology finds your face so you can apply the perfect contour every time. You can also use other features like backgrounds, stickers, animation, hair color, and more to complement your makeup.
How to Contour Your Face on Selfies With YouCam Makeup App
Follow these steps to contour your face on selfies with the YouCam Makeup app.
1. Download the free YouCam Makeup app for iOS or Android.
2. Choose the photo you want to edit from your phone.
3. Select Makeup and tap Face.
4. Scroll through the options to find Contour.
5. Choose the contour pattern and color that best complements your face shape and skin tone.
6. Use the sliders to adjust intensity.
7. Tap on Highlight, and choose a pattern and color that makes the contour effect even better.
YouCam Makeup has lots of different contour shades and palettes that go with any skin tone, including Cali Contour palettes, Vacay Mode, and Fruit Liminize, depending on your skin tone and how much you want to accentuate your features.
Download YouCam Makeup: Best Makeup App for Face Contouring
YouCam Makeup has everything you need to create the perfect contour every time and for any face. Explore the app to find the one that gives you the right accents and makes your selfie the highlight of your social media feed.
Download YouCam Makeup for iOS or Android to find your favorite shade and make contouring easy!
- How to Find Your Foundation Match with the Best Makeup App
- How To Find The Best Blush Color For Your Skin Tone
- How to Shape Jawline on Selfies With the Best Face Editor App
Frequently Asked Questions
How to contour for different face shapes?
- Round Face Shape
- Oval Face Shape
- Heart Face Shape
- Square Face Shape
There are four main face shapes, and here’s how you should apply your contour to each one:
- Round: Apply contour just below your cheekbones, along your forehead, and down over your temples. Highlight your forehead and the apple of your cheeks.
- Oval: You’ll want most of your contour under your cheekbones and a little on your forehead. Highlight the apples of your cheeks and your chin.
- Heart: You don’t need many contours for this face shape. Only apply a little from your temples down to the area beneath your cheekbones. You can also apply a little around your chin and highlight your forehead and cheeks.
- Square: Contour under your cheekbones for definition. Apply it along your hairline, but stop before you reach your temples, and along your jawline on either side of your chin. Highlight your forehead, chin, and nose.
How to edit and contour my selfies?
YouCam Makeup is the best selfie app to add makeup contour to your selfies. Users can choose between 19 contour colors and 5 contour patterns to apply true-to-life contour effects on their faces. They can also use YouCam Makeup's Highlight feature to enhance the look, all in one app.