When you need to cut something out of your photo, you want an app that makes a clean edit. But how do you know which one to use? We put together a list of the six best free image cut out apps for iPhone and Android to help you make the right choice for your creative cutouts.
|Table of Contents|
6 Best Free Image Cut Out Apps in 2023
Try these six amazing photo editing apps to remove background clutter and photobombers or try fun edits like face swapping and background changes.
1. YouCam Perfect: Best Cutout App Overall
▲ Easily cut out photo with AI
Price: Free, includes free cutout tool
Available on: iPhone and Android
Rating: 4.8 and 4.4
Best for: YouCam Perfect is best for quick cutouts to clean up clutter with seamless edits that you can share anywhere.
AI Cutout Tool
YouCam Perfect’s Cutout tool uses AI technology to detect the background so you can easily cut subject out in seconds. The tool lets you cut out your subject instantly and change your background or combine different photos for a high-quality look.
It gets all the details with its adjustable Smart Brush, and you can use its AUTO AI Cutout feature to let it find the subject or the background in your snaps without any manual selection. The accurate tool makes it easy to swap faces, create silhouettes, change backgrounds, and experiment with other fun edits in the app!
How to Cut Something Out From an Image With YouCam Perfect
- Go to Photo Edit and choose a photo to upload from your phone.
- Tap the Cutout tool.
- Drag the Smart Brush over the person or sbject you want to cut. You can also tap AUTO AI button for instant detection.
- Tap the green check and use the background tool to make changes to your cutout.
Read More About Photo Cut Out
2. Photo Cut Out Editor
Available on: iPhone
Best for: Photo Cut Out Editor is best for a wide variety of cutout tools to fit your editing needs.
Photo Cut Out Editor has seven cutout tools so that you can manually and smart-select the area you want to cut out. It comes with over 100 backgrounds and various effects and filters to enhance your snaps in just a few taps.
How to Cut Something Out From an Image With Photo Cut Out Editor
- Choose the cutout tool.
- Draw a line over the areas you want to cut out for smart selection.
- Choose the background option to change your background.
Available on: iPhone and Android
Rating: 4.7 and 4.3
Best for: piZap is best for making edits easily with no editing experience necessary.
piZap’s precise cutout tools let you transfer one image to another with an adjustable brush tool. You can use its Custom and Shapes features to make precise cutouts, and then use the app’s other features to touch up and redesign your cutouts.
How to Cut Something Out From an Image
- With piZap, choose the photo you want to edit.
- Select the Cut-Out tool and select your brush size. Paint over the area you want to cut out.
- Use the Custom and Shapes features to refine your cutout.
- Apply your cutout to a new background or image.
4. Cut Cut: Photo Editor & CutOut
Available on: Android
Best for: Cut Cut: Photo Editor & CutOut is best for replacing your cutout background and sharing with WhatsApp.
Cut Cut: Photo Editor & CutOut has lots of customization features, including backgrounds, to beautify your cutouts. Its cutout feature puts you in a new scene with intelligent technology that makes your edits look natural. Plus, you can keep up with WhatsApp status trends using its cutout tool, as well as its filters and stickers.
How to Cut Something Out From an Image With Cut Cut: Photo Editor & CutOut
- Choose the Cutout tool.
- Brush over the area you want to cut out.
- Choose a new background from the app.
Available on: Web tool
Best for: Cutout.pro is best for removing the background from your photo to swap with another.
Cutout.pro instantly removes your background for a clean edit. You can change your background, add your image to a presentation, and create fun graphics easily.
How to Cut Something Out From an Image With Cutout.pro
- Upload the image you want to cut out.
- The tool will automatically cut the portrait out for you.
- Download your photo!
6. PhotoCut—Background Eraser
Available on: iPhone
Best for: PhotoCut is best for creating collages and stickers with your cutouts.
PhotoCut—Background Eraser has a simple cut and paste editor that instantly erases your background. With its auto templates, you have lots of options for background changes, or you can quickly cut out multiple photos to combine into a stunning collage. The app also lets you create stickers and transparent images that you can put together any way you want.
How to Cut Something Out From an Image With PhotoCut—Background Eraser
- Select the Cutout tool.
- Use the outline brush to select what you want to cut out and the smart eraser to clean up any details.
- Choose a background for your photo.
Download YouCam Perfect: The Best Free Photo Cutout App for iPhone & Android
YouCam Perfect has the cutout tools you need to seamlessly remove backgrounds from your photos in seconds. Plus, you can use the app’s many other editing features to transform your snaps with animations, stickers, text, and more. Download the app for iOS or Android to get started!
- Best Free Image Background Remover Apps
- How to Remove Background from Pictures
- How to Blur Photo Backgrounds
Cut Out Image App FAQs
Is there an app to cut things out of pictures?
There are many cutout apps to choose from, including:
- YouCam Perfect
- Photo Cut Out Editor
- Cut Cut: Photo Editor & CutOut
- PhotoCut—Background Eraser
YouCam Perfect is the easiest and fastest cutout app, and it gives you the cleanest edits!
How do I turn a picture into a cutout?
Use YouCam Perfect’s cutout feature to select and cut out your image with the smart brush. Then, change your background or turn your cutouts into a sticker pack!
*Create stickers using Cutout feature is iOS only.
How do you cut out a little part of a picture?
YouCam Perfect’s Cutout feature lets you manually select the area you want to cut out. You can adjust the brush size to be smaller to get every detail for a precise cutout of little areas.