Blurring the background of a photo can put the focus on what you want the viewer to see upfront. It can also create a specific mood, add depth, and lend itself to other effects that enhance the look of your snaps. There are many photo editing apps to help you blur the background of a picture. But, out of the hundreds available, these are by far the 5 best free photo background blur apps for iPhone and Android.
|Table of Contents|
5 Best Blur Background Apps for iPhone & Android
- YouCam Perfect: Best Blur Background App
- Blur Photo Effect Background App
- FaceTune Editor by Lightricks
- Photo Un.blur, Camera Editor
- Blur Photo Editor
1. YouCam Perfect: Best Blur Background App
Store Rating: 4.8 on App Store; 4.4 on Google Play
- Realistic blur effect: 1 tap to blur your photo background like using a DSLR camera.
- Highlight images: Manually draw and erase unwanted areas.
- Multiple blur tools: linear blur, radial blur, ellipse blur, and more.
- Bokeh effect: create aesthetic images using different bokeh styles.
YouCam Perfect is one of the best blur background apps out there. Integrated AI technology instantly recognizes you as the main subject and masks everything else for a one-touch blurring effect. With the Blur feature, you can instantly blur the background of your photos to grab extra attention, add depth to food photos, create a bokeh effect, or blur your face in pictures for a unique look.
The Blur feature is free, easy to use, and gives you full power over its intensity for a 100% fantastic photo. That’s, of course, on top of the hundred-plus features available in the YouCam Perfect app to edit your photos.
Not Only a Blur Background App
YouCam Perfect is more than the best free blur background app. It's also one of the best photo editing apps! It provides several easy-to-use tools like AI Cartoon Filters, Background Remover, Object Remover to bring your pictures to the next level. Download the app for free and blur your photo background today!
2. Blur Photo Effect Background App
Available: iOS only
Store Rating: 4.7 on App Store
The Blur Photo Effect Background app can only blur unwanted details like blemishes and undesirable backgrounds. It also comes with some filter effects to blur images and enhance photos, but that’s about it. The app falls short in providing fantastic photo editing features to create awesome photos.
▲ Blur Photo Effect Background App
3. FaceTune Editor by Lightricks
Available: iOS and Android
Store Rating: 4.6 on App Store; 4.3 on Google Play
FaceTune can help you blur the backgrounds of your photos. Along with one-touch background replacement tools, you can try artistic styles and filters on your photos. You get to choose the subject and blur just the background and set the intensity of the blurring effect for a professional-style picture in seconds.
▲ FaceTune Editor by Lightricks App
4. Photo Un.blur, Camera Editor
Available: iOS only
Store Rating: 4.4 on App Store
The Photo Un.blur Camera Editor lets you quickly blur your pics but doesn’t use AI technology to find the main subject of the picture. Features include choosing the blur style and playing with the size and the intensity. You can erase and edit the areas you want to be blurred, but it doesn’t come with precision options for ultimate editing.
▲ Photo Un.blur, Camera Editor App
5. Blur Photo Editor
Available: iOS only
Store Rating: 4.3 on App Store
The Blur Photo Editor app helps you blur image backgrounds like a DSLR camera. The app includes high-quality background blur effects, pixelate effects, and an instant touch blur effect. With the Blur photo app, you can apply effects to your blurred background, including glass, distortion, paint, and water effects, for a more creative photo.
▲ Blur Photo Editor App
5 Ways to Blur Photo Background
Blurring your background creates a whole new impact on your photo. Here are a few ways you can use the blur effect to make your photos stand out:
- Blur the Background to Grab Attention
- Add Background Depth to Food Photos
- Customize Your Blurred Background
- Blur License Plate
- Blur Faces in Photos
1. Blur the Background to Grab Attention
Sometimes, you don’t have time to clean your house before you take a photo. Or maybe you’re in a busy public place where you can’t control how the background looks. When that happens, it can be hard for your viewer to focus on your subject. That’s when blurring the background helps you draw their eye to the star of the photo. It gives the subject of your photo the attention it deserves, whether it’s you or the delicious meal you just made.
2. Add Background Depth to Food Photos
Between blur and positioning, you can make your stunning food photos stand out with a little editing. Blurring makes your dish come to the foreground, so it looks like it stands on its own. It separates your food from the background, so no one pays attention to your home décor (or worse, the dirty dishes) behind it.
3. Customize Your Blurred Background
The Bokeh effect creates a special kind of look for your photos. Instead of just blurring the background, it creates a fuzzy light effect for a romantic and fantastical feeling. You can selectively soften the light’s shape (heart, start, circle…) to create the exact blur effect you want for your photo. Each one gives you a customizable way to create the otherworldly background you want for your snaps.
4. Blur License Plate Photo
If you're looking for a way to hide license plates in pictures, then the Blur tool is your answer. The YouCam Perfect app provides the easiest solution to license ambiguity. You can easily blur the license plate with your finger to apply the effect to the car in the picture.
5. Blur Faces in Photos
You can also use the Blur tool to make a specific part of your photo stand out. For example, you can focus on one eye and blur other parts of your face. Then, add some text and choose an aesthetic filter to create your own fashionable selfie.
Blur Photo Background for Free With YouCam Perfect App
YouCam Perfect is the best photo editing app to use when you want professional-level photos without a fancy camera or photography lessons. Its AI technology helps you capture the area you want to edit and apply your effect in seconds. You don’t need to worry about knowing special techniques when you have an app that knows them for you. YouCam Perfect can help you apply blur to your photos for an artistic flair.
How to Blur the Background of a Picture on iPhone & Android
Blurring photos is easy with YouCam Perfect! Here's how to blur the background of a picture with YouCam Perfect, the best free blur background app!
- Download YouCam Perfect for iOS or Android.
- Navigate to Photo Edit. Select Tools.
- Choose Blur and use the sliders to adjust your parameters to your preference.
- Change your blur’s shape, size, and positioning, or choose Brush to create a more focused blur.
Download YouCam Perfect: The Best Free Blur Background App for iPhone & Android
YouCam Perfect’s blur background tool makes it possible to get all kinds of stunning visual effects in your photos. It only takes a few taps to create depth and get your viewers’ attention. Download YouCam Perfect for iOS or Android to explore how the blur effect can take your photos to the next level!
Tutorial | How to Blur a Photo
Blur Background App FAQs
How to Blur the Background in Photos?
Enhance your photo appearance by blurring the background of your photos is straightforward on YouCam Perfect, you can simply:
- Tap on Photo Edit and upload your photo
- Press Tools and navigate to Bur
- Select the type of blur effect you prefer
- Save and share your blurred background photo
How Do You Blur Backgrounds in Photos?
Here are the steps:
- Download a photo editing app that offers a blur effect.
- Open the app and select the photo you want to edit.
- Look for the Blur tool and choose the type of blur effect you want to apply.
- Adjust the intensity of the blur effect using the slider or other controls provided by the app.
- Save your edited photo.
Can You Turn a Regular Picture Into Portrait Mode?
Turn a regular picture into portrait mode by using a photo editing tool that allows you to blur the background. One example of such a tool is the YouCam Perfect app.
To use this feature, you can follow these steps:
- Download and open the YouCam Perfect app on your mobile device.
- Choose the photo you want to edit from your camera roll.
- Tap on "Photo Edit" and select the "Blur" option from the editing tools.
- Adjust the blur effect and customize your blur style.
- Once you are satisfied with the result, save the edited photo to your camera roll.
By blurring the photo's background, you can create a shallow depth of field effect similar to what is often seen in portrait photography.
Can You Blur Background on iPhone Photos?
You can blur the background of an iPhone photo using the YouCam Perfect app in three simple steps. First, open the app and select the photo you want to edit. Next, tap on the "Blur" tool and choose the blur level you desire. Finally, save the edited photo and the background will be beautifully blurred.