Whether you were a child of the ’80s or you simply love the look, many of us have tried to recreate it. The coveted ’80s filter that is characteristic in portraits is quite easy to achieve! And no, it doesn’t require a professional photographer, a fancy scene, or even an expensive and complicated photo editing software like you may think. All you need is the YouCam Perfect app and some creative zeal. Read on to find out how to create awesome vintage glam portraits with just a few taps in the YouCam Perfect app.
Get the ’80s Glam Portrait Effect With YouCam Perfect
Before we talk about getting that amazing ’80s glam glow effect, you’ll need to know a few things about the app that’s going to make it happen. YouCam Perfect is an advanced yet easy-to-use photo editing app, capable of making almost any image adjustment you can dream of. This app has the functionality to do everything you need to create your next masterpiece, whether that be simple tools like crop and rotate or more advanced ones like object removal and animation.
How to Make Your Picture Look Like the 80s?
Did you also know you can create trendy ’80s vintage glow portraits with YouCam Perfect? Simply follow the steps below to get this 80s soft glam look for your photos.
- Step 1. Apply 80s Vintage Filter
- Step 2. Apply 80s Sparkle & KiraKira Filter
- Step 3. Adjust Photo Parameters
Step 1. Apply 80s Vintage Filter
The first way you can get the glow effect on your image is by applying either the Vintage Feel or Retro filter. There are six unique options for each, and users can choose which vintage filter is closer to the mood and aesthetic they want to create in their photos. Shake it like a polaroid picture with these vintage-style effects, or give your photos the big-screen feeling with a set of color presets.
- First, Download the app to edit your 80s portrait!
- To get this look, upload the image you want to edit.
- Then, tap Edit and Effects at the bottom of your screen.
- Scroll until you see the filter you’d like to try out, and with just a few more taps, you’ll see the effect take shape before your eyes.
For more ideas about accenting your photo, have a look at our blog post, Best Vintage Photo Filters: How to Get the Retro Look.
Step 2. Apply 80s Sparkle & KiraKira Filter
Another easy way to get the ’80s-inspired soft glam look on your photos is by applying one of two filters: Sparkle or KiraKira. It’s an easy way to achieve the soft glam look with shiny filters and to make your snaps stand out with an amazing sparkle effect.
- To try out one of these effects, begin by uploading the photo you’d like to edit.
- Then, navigate to Edit and Effects at the bottom of your screen.
- Then, tap the effect you’d like to experiment with and adjust its intensity until you have the perfect look.
For more sparkly inspo, have a look at our blog post, 4 Creative Ideas to Master Instagram #OOTD Photo Editing.
Step 3. Adjust Photo Parameters
The last way you can get the ’80s vintage glow portrait effect is:
- Adjust your photo’s parameters.
- You can also adjust certain photo parameters to achieve the ’80s glow effect, including the brightness and saturation.
- From there, you can drag the slider to get your preferred look.
- You might also try adding a vignette to make your portraits look like they are straight from the ’80s.
Download YouCam Perfect: The Best Free 80s Filter App for iPhone & Android
Who knew you could travel back in time with just a few taps? Now you know all about how to create trendy ’80s-inspired vintage glow portraits with the best 80s filter app. The only limit is your creativity, so download the YouCam Perfect app for either iOS or Android right now to get started on your ’80s vintage glow portrait.
- Best Vintage Photo Filters: How to Get the Retro Look
- How to Add Vignette Effects To Your Photos
- How to Create Old Film Effects with 3 Easy Tricks
- How to Make A Picture Look Like Polaroid
- 5 Best Free Polaroid Template Apps
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, and follow us on Instagram to get more creative editing ideas and awesome selfie tips!