When you want to create a dramatic focal point in your photos, a vignette effect is one of the best ways to do it. Vignette isn’t new, though it’s found its way into modern photos, from selfies to landscapes. Today, you don’t need to have any advanced photo editing skills or elaborate techniques to create the vignette effect on your photos. Keep reading to learn how you can apply beautiful vignette effects to your snaps with YouCam Perfect!
|Table of Contents|
What Is a Vignette Effect?
A vignette effect brings your attention to the center of a photo by darkening or brightening the edges of a picture at the corners to create a focal point at the center. It’s an artistic effect that’s been around since before photography itself.
Vignetting might be popular in photography now, but it started in painting. Painters wanted to create a “window” effect and avoid having the corners overtake the main image. Now, when vignetting is used in photography, it has the same impact.
In photography, you can use a specific lens and optics to create the effect or add it during the editing process. that’s what YouCam Perfect lets you do, and you don’t need technical knowledge for it. The app makes it easy for you to add it yourself in seconds!
How to Add Vignette Effect to Your Photos
Adding a vignette effect has never been simpler than it is with YouCam Perfect. Use these steps to create a vignette effect on your own photos!
1. Download YouCam Perfect
YouCam Perfect is available for iOS and Android, so you can edit your photos on any mobile platform. The app is free to download and has lots of free editing options to make your photos pop in just a few taps!
2. Choose The Photo To Add Vignette Effect
Find the Tools option under Photo Edit and choose the photo you want to work with. Scroll through the options in Photo Edit and select Vignette.
3. Have Fun Vignetting!
Use the Shade and Feather options to adjust the look of your vignette.
- Shade adjusts how dark or light the vignette is, from black to white.
- The Feather slider adjusts the blur of the vignette and how wide or narrow it is on your photo. You can make it stretch all the way to the center of your photo or keep it at the outer edges with a more solid look. It all depends on what you want the viewer to notice!
The Best Vignette App: YouCam Perfect
YouCam Perfect is the best photo editing app for editing your selfies before you post to social media. It uses AI technology to identify the areas of your photo that you want to change and apply realistic and natural filters and effects. YouCam Perfect lets you apply changes in just a few taps to give you a selfie you want to share using:
Apply animation and stickers to add some excitement to dull photos or add other effects and play with the quality of your photo with YouCam Perfect. It’s also the best app for adding a quick vignette effect, and you can adjust the saturation and depth of your photo, so you draw the viewer’s eye exactly where you want it to go.
Why Use a Vignette Effect?
Vignettes enhance the focal point of your photo, but that’s not all they do. They’re a trendy way to add a vintage touch to any photo, and they look great on both black and white and color photos. You can experiment to find the perfect amount of vignette to make your image stand out and create a different aesthetic with a black or white vignette. Black vignettes work well with black and white photos or photos with a darker theme. They’re also used to balance photos with a black gradient.
Black Vignette VS. White Vignette
- Black vignettes make it especially easy to emphasize a focal point by drawing attention away from the edges of the image and toward the brighter part of the photo in the center.
- White vignettes work better for photos that already have a bright subject and simple background. It creates more openness in the photo and brings the focal point outward to expand it.
Both types of vignettes have their advantages, and you can try them both with YouCam Perfect to see which one enhances your photo best!
- Photo Filter Complete Guide: All You Need to Know
- Vintage Photo Filters: How to Get the Retro Look
- How to Create the 80s Vintage Glow Filter in Photos
- How to Create Old Film Effects in Photos with 3 Easy Tricks
- How to Make a Polaroid Edit in 3 Steps
Add Vignette Filter to Photos With YouCam Perfect
YouCam Perfect lets you create the vignette effect you want for your photo without Photoshop, whether you want to hop on a new photo trend or capture a vintage vibe. It’s easy to adjust the vignette effect to your preference and experiment on different photos. Download YouCam Perfect for iOS or Android to add unique vignette effects to photos!