We’re all familiar with a Polaroid photo, it came into existence in the 1970s and usually required an expensive camera along with large quantities of Polaroid film. In recent years,Polaroid-like photos have made a triumphant comeback and, thankfully, the pricey equipment and film are no longer required. Because of their popularity in the ’70s, many of us also associate them with a retro, vintage look and feel.
While you can purchase a more modern Polaroid-type camera, you can also easily turn your photos into cool, vintage Polaroid snaps in just a few taps with the YouCam Perfect app. When we say you can create a Polaroid effect, we don’t just mean adding on a Polaroid-esque frame. We mean vintage filters, Polaroid templates, and much more!
Best App to Make Pictures Look Like Polaroids
The YouCam Perfect app is widely known as the premier photo editing platform thanks to its many free features. It has all the tools you might expect like cropping and background removal, but did you know you can also create awesome old-fashioned Polaroid edits? Read on to find out how to turn ANY photo into a Polaroid with the YouCam Perfect app and just a few minutes of your time!
How to Make a Photo Look Like a Polaroid
The most recognizable characteristic of a Polaroid photo is that unique white picture frame. However, you don’t need to have a Polaroid or film camera to create photos that have that cool old-fashioned look. You can easily achieve this result with the YouCam Perfect app in just 3 simple steps.
- Step 1: Navigate to Collage from the main page
- Step 2: Choose “1” at the top, and find the Polaroid-type collage.
- Step 3: Then, select the photo you want to edit and you will get your Polaroid-type collage!
Read More>> How to make a Photo Collage
Customize with Polaroid Photo Templates
Another quick and easy way to achieve the Polaroid effect is to use a Polaroid template in the YouCam Perfect app. To use this feature you’ll simply need to choose one of the Polaroid templates to create a Polaroid edit in one tap.
- Under Edit, scroll until you see Template.
- At that point, there are plenty of options to choose from: Life Moments, Holidays, Love, and many others.
- With these many template options, the possibilities for editing your photo are endless!
- With any of the templates in the YouCam Perfect app, you can adjust the template features, change the template ratio, and also change the template background.
The hardest part is picking which templates to use because there are so many wonderful ones.
Create Out-of-Bounds Polaroid Effects
The third and most creative way to add the Polaroid look to your photos is with a cool out-of-bounds Polaroid edit. If you’re up for a creative challenge, look no further! Follow our steps below:
- First, choose a cool background.
- Next, add a Polaroid image and then use the cutout tool to cut it out.
- Next, you’ll want to add the photo and erase it to fit the Polaroid.
- Then, move the layer down the Polaroid.
- From there, you should import the same photo again.
- Next, use the cutout tool to cut the portrait out.
- Finally, move the cutout person around to match the position of your original image.
With this advanced process, you’ll have a truly out-of-bounds Polaroid edit that looks just like the real thing!
Out Of Bounds Polaroid Editing Tutorial
Read More>> If you're interested in the vintage style of a Polaroid collage, check out our article about the Best Vintage Photo Filters: How to Get the Retro Look for some tips.
Try the Polaroid Filter Effect with YouCam Perfect
Polaroid cameras and their resulting images are probably the most recognizable in the photography industry. Their characteristic white frame and often vintage-looking result make them a classic for creators of all experience levels. If you’re looking to get this nostalgic design for your photos, you’re in the right place because creating awesome Polaroid photos is easier than ever with the YouCam Perfect app! Download the YouCam Perfect app for either iOS or Android today to get started on your cool, vintage edits.
Polaroid Edit FAQs
How do you get the Polaroid filter effect?
You can get the trendy polaroid filter in the best photo editing app - YouCam Perfect. Just download the app, navigate to the polaroid template, and apply it to your photos. You can also decorate your polaroid edits with various filters and stickers to make them even more eye-catching.
How to turn pictures into Polaroids?
Follow the below steps to turn your pictures into a polaroid:
- Download a polaroid effect app.
- Open the app and choose the photo you want to edit
- Navigate to Collage or Template.
- Find the polaroid template you like and try it.
- Save & share with friends!