Comparing the two top contenders for the top video editing app for selfie videos, YouCam Video and Facetune Video. Discover the pros and cons of each app and how you can creatively edit your selfie videos for TikTok and other platforms.
Introducing Selfie Video Editing
In the ever-growing world of video editing apps, it’s hard to differentiate which ones are selfie editing video apps. Unlike Photoshop and other video editing apps, selfie video editing focuses on something very different – you!
The rise of apps like TikTok means creating perfect selfie videos is the secret for the best viral TikToks. Traditional retouching apps help you edit light, colors, saturation, and even backgrounds — everything you need to look fabulous in every video you share. However, there aren’t many selfie video editing apps in the space right now. The top two are YouCam Video and Facetune. So, let’s look closer at each one.
Facetune Video is a video editing app that solely focuses on selfie videos. Their premium version has video retouching tools like smooth skin, whiten teeth, and reshaping facial features. It also has some basic video editing effects, such as fixing brightness and contrast.
- Overall easy to use
- The free version has many features
- Lots of control over facial features
- A subscription-based app that can be expensive
- Live previews look better than the final picture
- Not many essential editing and effects options
Overall, Facetune Video is a popular photo editing app trying to merge into the video editing apps world. It comes with enough free features for you to test out a selfie video editing app before you commit to something better.
YouCam Video is a unique selfie video editing app that allows you to retouch your selfie videos and apply makeup. Retouch any facial feature, add video effects and makeup, including lipstick and eyeshadow, in one editing app. Being solely a selfie video editing app, YouCam Video really focuses on every detail needed to elevate your selfie video game.
- No limit to video lengths
- Instant filter options
- Unlimited beautifying tools and makeup options
- Most premium features are available only through membership
Comparison of YouCam Video vs. Facetune Video
Out of the few video editing apps out there, YouCam Video and Facetune Video lead the charts. Facetune Video is well known for selfie photo editing with tons of options to touch up photos. However, Facetune doesn’t have many creative editing features you can use. For that, you’ll need their other selfie editing app used for photos.
YouCam Video has many features available, including makeup editing tools that other selfie video editing apps lack. Unlike Facetune, YouCam Video also can create more artsy photos with excellent backgrounds and AI effects that add a unique flair to your selfie videos.
YouCam Video vs. Facetune Video:
- YouCam Video lets you upload videos in any orientation; Facetune only allows you to use portrait-mode videos.
- YouCam Video has an extensive makeup collection with one-touch looks you can try and adjust; Facetune only has lipstick colors you can change.
- YouCam Video lets you edit videos with basic editing solutions like brightening, contrasting, and more; Facetune only focuses on face retouching.
- YouCam Video lets you use dramatic and stylish AI-animated effects to all your selfie videos; Facetune doesn’t have options for animated overlays or effects.
- YouCam Video has no limit to the video length you want to edit; Facetune has short video length options.
- YouCam Video has a free option with plenty of filters and retouching options; Facetune has limited tools you can try before subscribing.
- YouCam Video lets you play with your hair color and hair effects; Facetune doesn’t have options for hair editing.
Discover How You Can Edit Your Selfie Videos With YouCam Video
With the YouCam Video app, you can transform your selfie videos of any length. Retouch your eyes, lips, nose, and more on all your selfie videos. Add video effects, change your makeup, including eyeshadow, lip color, eyelashes, and much more. YouCam Video is the one-stop tool for editing your selfie videos like a pro. Download YouCam Video on the App Store and the Google Play Store.
Read More: How To Get Y2K Aesthetic On Your TikToks
Read More: Best Video Editing App for Instagram In 2022