Over the past year, Zoom became an indispensable part of our lives. We attended school, conducted work meetings, celebrated friends’ birthdays, tried yoga lessons, and more — all on Zoom.
Even now that the pandemic is slowly winding down, it looks like the Zoom craze is here to stay. So why not customize your Zoom background to express your personality? After all, your friends and coworkers are probably tired of seeing your boring old office wall.
Check Out Our YouTube Channel for More Editing Ideas
In this article, we’ll teach you how to change your Zoom background on iPhone or Android with YouCam Perfect.
YouCam Perfect: the Best Photo Editing App
These days, photo editing isn’t as tricky as it once was. That’s because of apps like YouCam Perfect. It’s the premier photo editing app that gives you full functionality with just a few taps.
One more thing you can do? Change your Zoom background with YouCam Perfect. No longer do you have to rely on the boring stock backgrounds included in the app. Use YouCam Perfect to create a fun, zany background that lets your creativity shine. Here we will provide you with three easy ideas with step-by-step tutorials of how to personalize your Zoom background on the iPhone or Android app.
1. Angel Wings Background
Did it hurt when you fell from heaven? If you believe you’re an angel who just needs to earn your wings, YouCam Perfect is here to help. You can regain your place in the heavens with just a few clicks in the app. All you need to do is open a plain photo — any old photo, as we’ll be pasting over it. Then the process is as follows:
- Go to the Sticker menu.
- Click on the store icon, then go into Premium Stickers.
- Find the Wings sticker pack, and choose the feathered feature you love.
- Add it to your image and expand until it fills the whole background. Save onto your phone for later!
2. Custom Patterns Background
Sure, wings are cool … but did you know you can create your own background from scratch? It’s easy!
First, open up a photo you want to use as a base — maybe a solid or ombre color pattern. Then, use the Clone tool to duplicate your favorite object or paste stickers.
You can use your favorite fruit, dessert, plant ... You name it! Now’s the time to express yourself — just keep in mind the audience for your next Zoom event (meaning probably keep it a little classy if you’ll be using the background for work or school).
Read More>> If you're interested in the fruit pattern idea we provide, check out our article about Fruit-Inspired Photo Editing for more inspiration.
3. Pick a Template for Background
Don’t know where to start with creating your own background? YouCam Perfect has many templates that you can turn into your Zoom background. No edits required!
It’s a super simple process. Just open the app and browse the available templates — you’ll see there are a ton! Here’s how to tweak them so they’re just right for Zoom:
- Adjust the ratio to 16:9 to make sure you’ve got a good size.
- Adjust the photo’s opacity to 0 so all you see is the background template.
- Make other edits if necessary, like changing colors or adding more stickers.
How to Change Your Zoom Background on Mobile App
Now that you’ve created the perfect Zoom background, it’s finally time to admire your handiwork! Adding your YouCam Perfect background into Zoom just takes five easy and quick steps in the app’s settings.
- Start a meeting — don’t worry, you don’t actually need to talk to anyone! You just need to be in the meeting room.
- Click the three dots with the word “More” to enter the settings.
- You’ll see an option for Virtual Background. Click it!
- Upload your custom background by clicking on the “+” sign.
- Enjoy your goofy new look that’s way better than a blank wall! Zoom will automatically keep you in focus while filling in everything behind you with your YouCam Perfect background.
Good news — the process is pretty similar whether you’re on iPhone or Android. And you can change the background as many times as you want. Just keep in mind, your settings will be saved for all future video calls. So if your background isn’t as appropriate for professional settings, remember to turn it off before your next meeting.
Explore More Background Ideas>>
Step Up Your Zoom Game With YouCam Perfect
Explore what YouCam Perfect has to offer and express your individuality with a new Zoom background. Download the app now to get started!