Whether you’re showing off your makeup or your new outfit, mirror selfies are a great way to express yourself and showcase your look on social media. They let you find the perfect angle to highlight your good side in every shot. This article will teach you how to edit your mirror selfie and the most important rules for taking an aesthetic mirror selfie. Let's look at how to turn your simple mirror selfie into an eye-catching mirror selfie!
YouCam Perfect: Best Free App For Mirror Selfies
That said, taking a good mirror selfie isn’t as easy as it looks. There’s a lot that goes into looking perfect. While YouCam Perfect can help you smooth things out so you look your best, taking a good picture to start with makes things so much easier. Learn more about how to take a good mirror selfie so you can look like royalty in your next Instagram story.
How to Take A Mirror Selfie
Once you’ve put on your killer makeup or found the perfect outfit, there are three steps you’ll need to follow to get an aesthetic mirror selfie. You’ll need to learn how to strike the perfect mirror selfie poses, declutter your background, and use natural light to your advantage.
1. Find the Perfect Mirror Selfie Poses
The best hack we have to offer for cute mirror selfies is to work on your poses. Hunching over and growling at the camera can be cute if you’re going as a vampire for Halloween. Otherwise, put your best foot forward (maybe literally) to master the aesthetic mirror selfie.
Tips For Aesthetic Selfie Poses
We have three main tips for perfecting your pose:
- To capture your full look, you want to back up and get your full body in the shot. Make sure you’re standing up straight so you look your tallest. Depending on what you want to accent, you may also want to jut out your hip or lean casually to one side to create a cool, relaxed aura.
- Then, keep your phone by your cheek or side, and snap either straight-on or from an upward-tilted angle. Make sure the phone doesn’t block your face! People want to be able to see you.
- Make sure you’re looking at the camera/phone through the mirror, and not at yourself in the mirror — make eye contact with the viewer. While candid photos where you’re looking off into the distance can be great hits on social media, it doesn’t make much sense when you can see you’re holding the phone in the picture.
Whatever pose you go with, make sure you’re confident and feeling good. Trust us, it will show in the photo.
👉 Pro tip: How to Take a Good Selfie: 5 Must-know Tips
2. Keep a Clean Background For Your Aesthetic Mirror Selfie
Whether you’re taking the photo in the bathroom or in your bedroom, make sure your background is clutter-free and doesn’t distract from the subject (you). No one wants to see your dirty bathroom or pile of unwashed clothes in your mirror selfie.
Erase Items From Mirror Selfie Background
Cleaning up your area is one solution to this, but what if you’re in a time crunch and can’t spend an hour tidying? If you do have visual noise in the background, it’s simple to use the YouCam Perfect object removal tool to erase items from the background. You can cut out whatever you don’t want — even other people — to make sure you’re the star of the show.
3. Find Natural Light For Your Mirror Selfie
The problem with bathrooms and bedrooms is that they don’t always have great light for a mirror selfie. That’s why, when possible, you should try to shoot your aesthetic mirror selfie in natural light.
If you’re in a windowless space (a bathroom, perhaps), turn on the lights, but skip the flash. In addition to washing you out and making you look like a ghost, a camera flash can also create a huge reflection in the mirror and completely distort the photo. You may not even be able to see yourself.
How to Brighten Dark Mirror Selfies
Instead, use the Brightness tool in YouCam Perfect to brighten dark photos. To get to this setting, just click on Edit > Tools > Adjust > Brightness. Your mirror selfie will instantly look brighter and the photo will be more balanced.
👉 Pro tip: Take a Perfect Mirror Selfie With Top Aesthetic 5 Filters
Create Mirror Selfie Using Mirror Collage
Using the mirror collage templates from YouCam Perfect is ideal for achieving a new aesthetic style for your mirror selfies! Choose from more than ten options, and decorate it with stickers, texts, and more! Go to Collage, upload your selfie, and find mirror collages under the Mirror category in the Poster tab.
6 Editing Tips for Mirror Selfie
▼ Watch our tutorial to learn how to get a perfect mirror picture in several ways! From the whole body to half body, as well as some extra tips and mirror selfies ideas!
Download YouCam Perfect to Edit Your Cute Aesthetic Mirror Selfies
Take your cute aesthetic mirror selfie to the next level with the help of YouCam Perfect. Download YouCam Perfect for iOS and Android to get started!
- Add Tattoo Sticker to Your Selfie
- Brighten Face in Mirror Selfies
- Easily Smooth Skin in a Mirror Selfie
- Put a Picture on Your Shirt
- Remove Background From Mirror Selfie
- Remove Acne, Blemishes From Photos Naturally
Get Ready to Make An Aesthetic Mirror Selfie
The core concept of an aesthetic mirror selfie is entirely simple. All you need is a mirror, your smartphone, yourself, and YouCam Perfect! Download the app and get started today!