Undoubtedly, Photoshop is a useful and versatile photo editing software. However, considering the relatively costly subscription, the amount of time required to fully understand and master all the functions it provides, and the fact that most people these days take and edit photos on their phones, finding an easier (and cheaper) alternative is not a bad idea. Discover the five best alternatives to popular Photoshop photo editing tools that the YouCam Perfect app has to offer.
YouCam Perfect: Best Free Photoshop Alternative App for iPhone & Android
Whether you’re editing your first photo or you’re a trained professional, the YouCam Perfect app is perfect for helping users express their creativity. The best part is that you don’t need to be a pro to edit your photos with YouCam Perfect. Did you know that it offers some of the same photo editing tools as Photoshop does? It’s easier to use and doesn’t require advanced photo editing skills. Read on to explore the exciting alternatives YouCam Perfect offers.
Top 5 Photoshop Alternative Tools for Photo Editing
- One-Tap Beautify: Alternative to Liquify Tool
- Object Removal: Alternative to Content-Aware Fill Tool
- Cutout Tool: Alternative to Quick Selection
- Alternative to Sky Replacement Tool
- Kaleidoscope Effect: Alternative to Fill Tool
1. One-Tap Beautify: Alternative to Liquify in Photoshop
YouCam Perfect has a wide selection of beautifying tools for the perfect selfie or portrait. You don't need to be a Photoshop pro. By going to Beautify, you can easily fix common photo mistakes without using the Liquify tool in Photoshop. One of the easiest ways to do this is to select the Auto feature, where you can choose to have several different looks such as fresh-faced, youthful, or sun-kissed, to name just a few. You can change the shape of your lips without having to do Botox injections. Brighten your eyes, remove blemishes, and even tune or reshape your body with the new Body Tuner tool.
Body Tuner: Best Tool to Photoshop Your body
The Body Tuner feature will allow you to experiment with different body shapes and have fun when editing the photos. If you ever wondered what you’d look like with broader shoulders or wider hips, this is the tool for you. With Enhancer and Slim features, you can easily adjust or emphasize the body part you want. The possibilities are endless!
- Enhancer: The Enhancer helps you modify body parts in different ways and see the results instantly. You can drag the circle around the area of your body you want to enhance or reduce. Move the slider until you reach the desired effect.
- Slim: The Slim feature helps you visualize yourself with different body curves. You can drag the tool over your waist, arms or legs or any body part you want to play around with. Use the slider to adjust the slimming/expanding parameters.
2. Object Removal: Alternative to Content-Aware Fill in Photoshop
Looking for a clean, minimalist image? YouCam Perfect's Object Removal tool can help you get the effect as the Content Aware Fill tool in Photoshop. You can declutter your photo in just a few simple steps by removing unwanted objects without Photoshop. All you have to do is go to Edit and then tap the Removal magic wand icon, trace around the person or object you’d like to remove. Ta-da! That pesky distraction is gone with just a few taps on your phone.
Suggested Read: How to Remove Unwanted Objects From Your Photos
3. Cutout Tool: Alternative to Quick Selection in Photoshop
Sometimes pesky distractions end up in our photos. With the cutout tool, you can easily remove a person or thing from one of your photos and move it to another image or background. The cutout tool is similar to the Quick Selection Tool in Photoshop.
- Simply go to Photo Edit.
- Choose the Cutout icon with the little rubber ducky.
- Select the parts of the image you want to cut out by highlighting them over. You can use the Smart Brush tool to easily select them or use the Portrait mode to auto cut out your portrait in a few clicks.
Suggested Read: How to Use the Cutout Tool
4. Alternative to Sky Replacement Tool in Photoshop
Does the sky in the background of your photo look dull and not very aesthetically pleasing? Have no fear, you can easily replace the sky in your photo with a single click.
- To do so, upload the photo you’d like to edit.
- Navigate to Sky on the bottom of your screen.
- Once there, you’ll find plenty of breathtaking sky options to choose from, allowing you to elevate your photo in just one tap.
Whether you want to add a cheerful rainbow, a few clouds in the shape of a heart, or even the northern lights for a dramatic effect, the YouCam Perfect app has everything you need to edit the sky in your photo. The Sky Replacement can help you create the same effect as the Sky Replacement Tool in Photoshop. Furthermore, you can zoom in on any of the backgrounds and drag the sliders to adjust the feather, horizon level, ambiance, fade, HDR edge, HDR glow, and filter.
Suggested Read: Best App for Dreamy Sky Editing
*The Sky Replacement feature is currently available for iOS only. For Android users, we suggest you to try our Change Background feature.
If you’re not happy with the background in your photo, you can easily replace it too. With the Background Change option, there are plenty of options to choose from + customization possibilities.
- Just select Edit.
- Then scroll through until you find the square icon for Background.
- You can either Add or Change the background.
Adding a background brings your photo to the front and adds a background image of your choice to the background. Besides adding your own fun background, there are fun presets like hearts, animal prints, and even the Eiffel Tower so you can be in Paris without having to make the trip. If you’d like to change the background, the app can recognize which part of the image is the main subject (great for changing the background on selfies!) so you can place yourself just about anywhere your heart desires.
Suggested Read: How to Change Photo Background in Seconds
5. Kaleidoscope Effect: Alternative to Fill Tool in Photoshop
Ready for a really fun trick? Unleash your inner artist and create unique, spellbinding, creative photos with YouCam Perfect’s Kaleidoscope tool. Compare to use Fill tool and follow complicated editing steps in Photoshop, it’s extremely versatile and easy to use.
- Just go to Edit, Effects.
- Scroll to the Kaleido category.
Notice that you can adjust the kaleidoscope look from left to right, similar to those old-school kaleidoscopes you used to have when you were a kid. You can adjust it horizontally and vertically. Have fun with the slice and feather features too for extra effects.
*The Kaleidoscope feature is currently available for iOS only.
Download YouCam Perfect: The Best Free App to Photoshop Photos on iPhone & Android
Create amazing works of art with YouCam Perfect, no advanced photo editing skills and Photoshop subscription required. Download the YouCam Perfect app for either iOS or Android today to get started on your sky-high creation!
- 5 Best Free Photoshop Alternative Apps
- How to Create Double Exposure Photo Without Photoshop
- How To Add A Picture To A Picture Without Photoshop
- How to Make Cyberpunk Aesthetic Photos Without Photoshop