You just took a selfie that perfectly captures your current vibe. You want to send it to a friend or post it to your profile, but rather than adding a caption to your photo, you’d rather overlay a fun message. This might leave you wondering, how do you add text to your photo?
The good news is, adding text to photos is incredibly easy, especially with the right app. In this guide, we’ll share with you the best apps for adding text to images, including quick step-by-step instructions for each app. Before you know it, with a few quick taps, you’ll be able to express yourself in a way that just hits different.
|Table of Contents|
3 Best Apps to Add Text to Photos
What once took tedious amounts of editing can now be done in seconds. Discover the best apps to add text to photos for iPhone and Android and try it out for yourself.
1. YouCam Perfect - Best Free Add Text to Photo App
Rating: 4.8 and 4.4
Best for: YouCam Perfect is best for adding text to photos, but it also features countless photo editing tools, making it an all-around best photo editing pick.
YouCam Perfect is the best app to add text to a photo. It makes adding text simple and fast and offers numerous options for your text color as well as tons of fonts. You can overlay the text over the top of your image, place it behind the subject of your photo, or even use animation effects to bring your words to life. Try one of the fun bubbles to add an extra special border for your text. With YouCam Perfect, you can also quickly touch up your photo with other built-in effects. One of our favorite things about YouCam Perfect is how easy editing is. The interface is simple to navigate and the options are nearly endless.
Over 50 Text Font Options
With over 50 text fonts available, you can personalize your text font to perfectly suits your photo's mood. From classic style fonts to the art style and handwritten, your perfect font awaits!
Add Text Bubble to Photo
Within the Text feature, you’ll see an option for Text Bubble. Click and explore 60+ text bubble options to add text to your photo.
How to Add Text to Photo With YouCam Perfect
- Step 1: Download YouCam Perfect
- Step 2: Upload your photo.
- Step 3: Scroll through the bottom tools and tap on Text.
- Step 4: Choose from borders, fonts, colors, and even bubbles. Let your creativity run wild!
- Step 5: Type out your text and move it around to the position you prefer.
- Step 6: Hit Save and upload to social media or share.
✍️ Learn different ways to add text to your images
2. Phonto - Text on Photos
Available on: iOS and Android
Rating: 4.8 and 4.7
Best for: Adding text to photos.
▲ Phonto - Text on Photos app interface
Phonto - Text on Photos is another great option for making it easy to add text to iPhone photos. This app is specifically designed for adding text to photos and offers numerous fonts and styles to choose from. Phonto - Text on Photos makes it easy to add text to your image, however, the app does not feature any other editing tools making it a fairly limited app.
How to Add text to Photo With Phonto - Text on Photos
- Step 1: Download Phonto - Text on Photos.
- Step 2: Upload your photo. Step 3: Hold down your finger on the screen.
- Step 4: Tap the Add Text button that pops up.
- Step 5: Choose your font.
- Step 6: Type in your text and tap done.
- Step 7: Tap the text again to move it around or change the font, size, and tilt.
3. Add Text: Write On Photos
Available on: iOS
Best for: Add Text is a simple app designed solely for adding text to your images.
▲ Add Text: Write On Photos app interface
As the name indicates, Add Text is an app designed specifically for adding text to photos. This app makes it easy to quickly overlay text on your image providing you with numerous font options, colors, and styles. This app allows for an unlimited number of text layers.
How to Add Text to Photo With Add Text
- Step 1: Download Add Text.
- Step 2: Upload your photo.
- Step 3: Double-tap the screen to open a text box.
- Step 4: Type in your text.
- Step 5: Use the bottom menu to choose fonts, colors, borders, shadows, and rotation.
Different Ways to Add Text to Photos
If you are ready to use the best app for adding text to an image — YouCam Perfect — then we are here to help you explore the countless ways you can use the built-in text tool. This tool is mega-easy to use and allows you to express your creativity. Try one of the following ideas as you test out adding text to photos.
- Add a Quote to Photo
- Place Text Behind the Subject
- Make Caption Stand Out With a Blurred Background
- Create a Glitch Text Effect
1. Add a Quote to Photo
Quotes can deliver the ultimate inspiration or they can reflect your sense of humor. Whether it is a famous quote from someone you admire or a movie quote that you and your fam find funny, use YouCam Perfect to add a quote to any image. This is a great way to transform a landscape photo into a piece of art. Simply upload your photo, add text, and adjust the font, color, and style to match the vibe of your quote.
2. Place Text Behind the Subject
If you’re all about adding text to your photo but you don’t want to detract from the imagery, this is the perfect option. Instead of overlaying the text, place the text behind the main subject of the photo.
To do this, simply add your text and adjust the colors and font. Add the same image again to your project. Now, use the Cutout tool to cut out the main subject of your photo. From here, overlay the subject onto the original photo, which will create a layered effect.
3. Make Your Caption Stand Out With a Blurred Background
Perhaps you want to share the latest lyrics from your favorite artist, or maybe you are feeling inspired by a specific quote. If the caption is your focus, consider blurring out the background to draw attention to the text.
To do this in YouCam Perfect, use the Blur tool to first blur the entire photo. You can adjust the blur to your desired level to match your mood. From here, add your text and adjust the color and font to make it pop.
4. Create a Glitch Text Effect on Photo
▲ Add Glitch Text to Your Photo
Give your text a serious upgrade by adding a glitch text effect to your image. To add a glitch effect to your text, start by typing out your chosen message. Now, replicate that text three times, each time using a different color. Bold colors and fonts will be the best option for achieving this look.
Download YouCam Perfect: Best Free App to Add Text to Photos
Are you ready for the ultimate easy hack for adding text to photos on iPhone and Android? If so, be sure to tap the download button below and start using YouCam Perfect. Add text, animation, effects, and more with this all-encompassing free photo editing app.
- How to Add Text to Photos
- How to Add Speech Bubble to Photos
- How to Create Inspirational Picture Quotes
- How to Make Calendar on Phone
- 10 Best Instagram Filters & Effects
FAQs About App to Add Text to Photos
What is the best app for putting text on photos?
The best app for putting text on photos is YouCam Perfect, followed by Phonto - Text on Photos and Add Text: Write On Photos. If you want the app that packs the most photo editing features into one easy-to-use app, opt for YouCam Perfect.
What app lets you put text on pictures?
YouCam Perfect, Phonto - Text on Photos, and Add Text: Write On Photos all allow you to put text on pictures. For the best options, try YouCam Perfect.
How can I add text to a JPEG image?
To add text to a JPEG image, start by downloading YouCam Perfect. Next, upload your photo and scroll through the bottom menu to tap on Text. From here, type in your text and choose all the extras, such as your font, color, and effects.
How do you put text behind an object?
- To put text behind an object, start by downloading YouCam Perfect.
- Next, tap Text to add your text and adjust your font and color.
- After this, you’ll add the same photo again and cut out the subject using the cutout tool.
- Now, overlay the subject over your text to create the effect.
How do you blur the background of text on an iPhone?
To blur the background of text on an iPhone, use the Blur tool in YouCam Perfect. Blur the photo to your desired level using the slide bar.